anatomy of a process
I got this idea for a concept album, it kinda builds on the stuff she established in the first album. But the idea is Ke$ha started some movement where the goal is for people to enter a collective dreamworld like the Matrix. she could incorporate all sorts of themes from Alice in Wonderland, the Wizard of Oz, Pink Floyd's The Wall (cause you'd be breaking down the wall of ordinary Consciousness).
- The album starts off with news reports about this huge controversy surrounding Ke$ha and her movement - the reports also talk about the government cracking down on people joining Ke$ha's movement because people are coming back from the dreamworld with mental powers that cannot be controlled by the authorities.
- then the first song starts with her singing about this white rabbit who lead her to the dreamworld in the first place.
- now she's saying she's the white rabbit for the rest of the world - "now I'm the leader with the clock, TiK ToK."
- another song talks about the controversy surrounding her movement and its revealed the method for entering the dreamworld is having sex a certain way. maybe recycle the lyrics "there's a place downtown where the freaks all come around; it's a hole in the wall; it's a dirty free for all."
- there's a call to arms and she says something like "history is written by winners, baby. so let's make our own tonight; cause I'm the type that's going to fight till we see the sunlight."
- maybe do a remake of slipknot's "surfacing"
- Then the story moves inside the dreamworld; touch on themes of evolution, consciousness, unity, peace, general celebration; a party.
- But there's a villain; a force trying to stop the movement; "The Animal"
- The story climaxes when Ke$ha & "the freaks" confront "The Animal" in the dreamworld (a flying monkey - for the video and concert)
- because Ke$ha makes extensive use of that 'robot' voice modulator; maybe the key to defeating The Animal is "The Machine". Maybe recycle some lyrics from Nine Inch Nail's "The Becoming"
- Happy ending. "we walked into the dream of a dead god and brought heaven to earth."
list of possible samples to use:
- Bill Hicks from TOOL's "Third Eye" : "we're all one Consciousness experiencing itself; there is no such thing as death, life is but a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."
- Ronald Reagan saying: "tear down this wall"
- "I'm the new way to go. I'm the way of the future" the same sample from My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult's "After the Flesh"